Monday, June 6, 2016

A Requiem for "The Land"

Friends,

We are gathered here today to pay our respects to a once proud organization whose hopes and dreams for their first ever NBA Championship were taken far too soon.  Taken, by 2 acts of savagery so ghastly we can scarcely repeat their names.

Game 1....give me a moment....let me compose myself....so inhumane...


What the hell just happened? (Photo: RollingsStone.com)



and the even more vile...Game 2.



  
Pretty much...(Photo: Getty Images)
But they're still alive...


No, good fellow, what you are experiencing is phantom fandom.  It is a common affliction for people who have recently lost their favorite teams.  You believe there is hope and that there are still meaningful games to be played. Many people who have lost limbs experience this.  Fear not, There are many other pursuits you may enjoy to comfort you in this time of sorrow.


Bruh, Games 3 and 4 are this week. In Cleveland.

I did say "meaningful" in the above response, yes?  Just making sure.  Do not worry, we are here for you to help you past this difficult time.  Use these "games" as an opportunity to reflect on the lives of these brave young men who so heroically sacrificed themselves upon the altar of the Golden State. Many others have come before you who may be able to guide your through the process.  Mourners from Houston, Oklahoma, and, Portland would be good places to start.


Funny, but you're wrong, the Cavs are coming home and we're going to hold serve at the Q!

Tragedy often strikes when we least expect it so I can understand the denial and anger.  However, I'd like to point out that I've already been wrong.  I bet on the Cavaliers to win.  Fool me once...





No comments:

Post a Comment